11/13/2013

Weekly Basslines #128: Willin' (Little Feat, Southern Colors)

This request is a special one as I've been asked to transcribe my own version of this song. I've recorded "Willin'" with a band called "Southern Colors" back in 2000 on a live album called "Wildlive". The band was a sideproject to the "Sunnyland Bluesband" and as you can guess by the name we were doing mainly Southern Rock Cover Songs ranging from Charlie Daniels Band, Marshall Tucker, Atlanta Rhythm Section, Allman Brothers to Lynyrd Skynyrd and Little Feat. Also a few self-penned songs completed the set-list.

But before I show you how I played on this song, here's the original version by Little Feat from the bands second album "Sailin' Shoes".








The song also appeared on the bands self-titled debut album, but had no bass on it:



Here's our version:







Thanks again to Marina for the donation!











No comments:

Post a Comment