2/02/2016

Weekly Basslines #170: Sorrow (David Bowie, The McCoys)

This weeks bassline was requested by Danny from Sydney, Australia. He donates regularly to my blog and has already picked a few very interesting tunes for transcription. Thanks to Danny!

"Sorrow" is an original song by the The McCoys from 1965, which became a big hit in the UK in a cover version by The Merseys in 1966. Bowie picked up this song again in 1973 for his covers album "Pin ups".








When I transcribe a cover version of a song, I'm always curious about finding out how the orginal song sounds and therefore I also transcribed the original bassline from The McCoys version:



And finally , here's the version by The Mersey's, which I haven't transcribe yet:



More David Bowie transcriptions:

"Heroes" and "Let's dance"

No comments:

Post a Comment