2/16/2016

Weekly Basslines #172: The Weight (The Band)

Danny from Australia pushed the "Donate-Button" again and came up with a quite challenging request. Rick Dankos bassline for "The Weight" from The Band as done in the movie "The Last Waltz" (1978). Rick is really hard to hear in the mix, whilst playing a very busy bassline in his rather unorthodox style using a pick. I had to listen to each bar over and over again to detect the right notes. I don't think that everything I wrote down is 100% accurate, but I'm sure I'm very close!

So thank you Danny for the donation and the challenge :-)










I also have to thank Davide from Newington, Australia and Ian from Hampshire, UK, who also donated to my blog.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Become a patron for only $2 per month and get access to the pdf transcription of this song, my complete YouTube transcription archive and much more. Take a look, it's worth it:









No comments:

Post a Comment